Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Xehanort Reports Guide with English translation by Lisa Rye


Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep

Xehanort Reports Guide with English translation. Version 1.2

Translated by Lisa Rye (risachantag)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guide is for people playing the Japanese version of Birth by Sleep.
Please note the following guide contains MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS. Please
only read these reports if you have already obtained them in the game.

Also note that this is a rough translation, there may still be minor
errors.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contents:
1.0 – Report locations
1.1 - Reason for collecting reports
2.0 - Xehanort’s Letter
2.1 – Xehanort Report 1
2.2 – Xehanort Report 2
2.3 – Xehanort Report 3
2.4 – Xehanort Report 4
2.5 – Xehanort Report 5
2.6 – Xehanort Report 6
2.7 – Xehanort Report 7
2.8 – Xehanort Report 8
2.9 – Xehanort Report 9
2.10 – Xehanort Report 10
2.11 – Xehanort Report 11
2.12 – Xehanort Report 12
3.0 - FAQ
3.1 – Acknowledgements
3.2 - Contact Details

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.1 - Fixed layout issues
Version 1.2 - Added report 7 translation
- Added 'reason for collecting reports' section
Version 1.3 - Fixed mistake (Disney Island > Destiny Island), added
further details on obtaining report 5 in the US version.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.0 Report Locations

Xehanort’s Letter Ventus Clear the World of Departure
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report 1 Ventus Deep Space, Sortie Deck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report 2 Terra Clear Radiant Garden
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report 3 Aqua Chest in Merlin’s house,
Radiant Garden.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report 4 Aqua Clear the Mysterious Tower
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report 5 Terra Defeat the Sinister Sentinel
(unchained prison guard),
Match 5 in the Mirage Arena.
Your Arena Level must be 3
or higher.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report 6 Aqua Clear Enchanted Dominion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report 7 Aqua Defeat the final boss.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report 8: Terra Clear 2nd event at
World of Departure
(near the end of the game)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report 9 Ventus After an event at Destiny Island.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report 10: Ventus Defeat the final boss.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report 11: Terra Defeat the final boss.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report 12: Ven Chest at the Keyblade Graveyard.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------


1.1 - Reason for collecting reports

These reports contain a great deal of back story and information
about the Kingdom Hearts universe, and provide insight into various
plot elements that were not well explained in the game.

Once all 12 reports have been collected and you have finished all three
character's stories, you will be able to access the final story chapter
of the game.

If you finished a character's story and did not collect one or more
of the reports available in their story, you can go back and get them in
your game (finished games are marked with a star on the save file).

Once you have the reports, you will need to complete the character's
final boss battle again for it to register in the Trinity Report, so I
strongly recommend getting each report before finishing the game.


XEHANORT REPORTS 2.0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.0 Xehanort’s Letter (to Eraxus)

I am very grateful for the letter regarding the upcoming recognition
of masters. After you received the succession from the previous master,
under that heavy responsibility, you must have gone through many
hardships to train the next generation.

In the past, I went as far as to injure you over a difference of opinion,
forcing you to listen to my overbearing requests. Please forgive this
foolish fellow student, who was never able to give you an honest apology,
and allow me to come to the recognition ceremony without condemning past
actions, as I would like to give my direct blessings.

After all, it seems it was not wrong as to you being chosen as the
successor by our master. As guardians of the light I may have made light
of my position, but as to the kindness of your heart and your loyalty
towards the light I have nothing but admiration.

In my journeys around the world, I have seen much darkness lurking in
worlds of light, but lately I believe the darkness has become more vicious.
You may have already heard from Yen Sid, but Unverse… they are creatures
of negative emotions, with no life force. These monsters are starting to
have a presence in every world.

And with recognition of this dark presence I have one concern.

When I visited many years ago, I noticed something in one of your
students, Terra.
Terra has a great power inside himself, but I felt darkness sleeping
in his heart. It may be unnecessary concern, but if Terra were to become
a master then my anxiety would remain.
How about holding a recognition examination? I would like you to have
the final say in the judgment.

Well then, I look forward to seeing you again, after such a long time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.1 Report 1

After leaving my hometown, much time has passed, but I have been to
many worlds and learned many things. Here I will document one part of it,
so I can remember my travels.

Thinking back, the point at which my destiny changed was when I found
the people I would come to call my master and brother. That was when I
gained a new hometown.

And the keyblade.

Originally, I wonder who made them, and for what purpose?
While training to become a keyblade wielder, I was taught that it was so
to become a guardian of the light and protect the worlds from darkness.

But is that really all there is to it?

Aside from for missions, it was forbidden to venture into the other
worlds, but sometimes I did, looking for new knowledge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------


2.2 Report 2

On the occasion of leaving this world, my master instructed me to wear
a suit of armor that protected me from the darkness. However, while
crossing the corridors of space, I noticed the flow of power into
myself, and removed the armor.

Instead of my body being consumed by the darkness, I found that as
long as you have the power to control the darkness, there is no need
to fear it.

The other worlds are vast and exist in large quantities in the sea of
empty space,in this extraordinary vacuum.

The world are dotted everywhere, with no influence on each other.

In each of these worlds there are many forms of wisdom, and just like
us, they do not now know the full extent of the universe.

Therefore, we must let the other worlds know of the others’ existence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.3 Report 3

In ancient times, when the worlds were not estranged, the worlds were
not concealed with walls of light, like they are now, and were not
protected from physical interference.

In this time, the worlds were overflowing with light, and it seems
there were many keyblade wielders. But in worlds that were not separated,
here started a struggle over light.

They found out the true nature of the keyblade’s use. The keyblade
weilders started a war to obtain the great heart of light that they
called “Kingdom Hearts”.

Kingdom Hearts, to put it simply, is an assembly of hearts. Like
people, worlds also have hearts. Where these hearts are cannot be seen
and is concealed in each world behind a door. If the hearts of each of
these worlds is collected in one place, Kingdom Hearts will be complete.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.4 Report 4

Opening the door to the completed Kingdom Hearts is connected to the
creation of a new world. This will pass over the domain of mankind. In
other words, the people who open the door will be reborn as “un-human”
beings.

Light and darkness are two sides of the came coin, there is no light
without darkness. The war to obtain Kingdom Hearts that the keyblade
wielders started, involving those who protected the light and those who
supported the darkness, those who wanted harmony between light and
darkness, those who just simply wanted power to feed their greed.
There was much speculation, but even those worlds not involved in the
battle ended up shrouded in darkness.

But as the curtain closed on the ancient keyblade war, to this day, no
one exists who has opened Kingdom Hearts.

After that, from the small amount of light left, our worlds were born,
and so that such a war would never occur again, the worlds were
concealed with walls.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.5 Report 5

These days, amongst keyblade wielders only those who have let themselves
degenerate into darkness can use the corridors (of space) to move
between the thresholds of worlds.

The mission given to keyblader wielders is to cross over the gap between
worlds and protect those worlds from the interference of dark beings so
that worlds will not disappear again.

Those keyblade wielders have become few in numbers, there are a number
aside from us, but in this wide universe, we do not know where they
might be scattered.

Aside from this world of light in which we live, there is a world of
darkness and also a world of interval that is connected to light and
darkness.

Above all, the world of darkness is forbidden to enter. As yet, we know
of no-one who has entered who has ever returned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.6 Report 6

There are three kinds of keyblade. There are the keyblades of light,
that we use, as well as keyblades of darkness and the keyblades of
peoples’ hearts.

Dark keyblades exist in the world of darkness and are in opposition to
the keyblades of light that we use, the only difference is from which
side of the world they come from.

Then, the third kind of keyblade, the keyblade of peoples’ hearts is
what is born as a result of the keyblade war, when the world is
reorganized. If you do not have this key, it is said you cannot approach
Kingdom Hearts.

A heart cannot take the darkness, so by collecting seven hearts of pure
light, the keyblade of peoples’ hearts will be completed and you will
be able to open Kingdom Hearts.

Then, if you can open the door to Kingdom Hearts, you will have all the
worlds and all their people in your grasp.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.7 Report 7

The giant mystery hidden within the keyblade.
Keyblade... another type, different to those three related types.
We call it by the same name, but the correct way of writing it is
"Xblade". It is falsely similar to the keyblade.

The keyblade in opposition to Kingdom Hearts and is created by humans.
But the Xblade is a part of Kingdom Hearts' existence.

The Xblade is born when two hearts with equal powers of light and
darkness intersect.

Then at the same time, Kingdom Hearts will appear; not an artificially
collected Kingdom Hearts, but one created from the collected hearts
of all the worlds.

In other words, I believe the ancient keyblade battle began over this.

If this is the case, even in the present day, where there are walls
protecting the worlds, with the Xblade it would be possible to complete
a Kingdom Hearts made from the hearts of the worlds and the keyblade war
would be revived.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.8 Report 8

Eraxus, my fellow student, is training himself with light as the only
objective. Light is only light because of darkness’ existence.

I believe that in intersection of light and darkness lies the balance of
the world.

But in the current day, darkness has been removed too much and the
balance is off.

Currently, the order of light must be destroyed, the world must be
reorganized to allow darkness to rise.

After confronting Eraxus with my opinion I wandered through the worlds.

After a few years had passed, I left my hometown. I may have finally
found myself. I had already become a keyblade master, and so had no
special purpose to strive towards. There was no purpose left for one
like myself, who was not the legitimate successor. I had only to to
look after the next generation.

Normally those who become keyblade masters take in students, teaching
them to use keyblades and completing the connection to the next
generation.

But would it be right to go ahead, throwing away my hometown,
following the path here to its end?

No, there are still many things I wish to see for myself, how could
I just go quietly to my last like that?

Before I knew it, my body had grown old.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.9 Report 9

We keyblade wielders have special abilities.

We are able to extract hearts from ourselves, or others.

If I were to repeat this process, it would be possible to exist in
this world for eternity.

When I was a boy, at the edge of a world I saw in a dream, I arrived
at a world that no one else had ever seen. I opened the door to Kingdom
Hearts, creating a new world, with light and darkness in balance.

With this new knowledge, a new objective for me was born, but what I
was left with was this old body.

The next thing to do was to look for a new vessel (body/container).

Then I met Ventus, and made him my pupil. Meeting him was destiny.
I sensed his nature, but he was too kind hearted.

I decided that Ventus’ fragilty made him unusable as a vessel, so I
will use him for my other plan instead.

I will remove the darkness from Ventus’s heart, splitting him in two.
This will result in a heart of pure light and a heart of pure darkness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.10 Report 10

Ventus’ body could not withstand having its heart removed, after all.
I was successful in bringing to life Vanitas, with a heart of pure
darkness, but since then Ventus has fallen into a deep sleep.

The heart of pure light, Ventus.
The heart of pure darkness, Vanitas.

If these two grow, one day they will intersect to complete the Xblade.

But Vanitas’ dark heart is too strong.
Ventus’ heart broke, and his heart of light was on the verge of
disappearing.

At the very least, I decided to give him a quiet place to rest, and the
place that came to mind was my hometown.

Naturally, without realizing it, my feet led me to the place where I
originally decided to set out from, the seashore. After I’d left I had
not once returned, but nothing had changed.

The place is quiet, as if time had stopped. I thought that here, Ventus
would be able to sleep peacefully, but the sleeping Ventus held up
his keyblade.

His heart of light had not yet vanished.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.11 Report 11

Ventus and Vanitas, right now the balance between light and darkness
doesn’t meet and I cannot raise them in the same place.

Vanitas’ darkness eats away at Ventus.

There is only one place to raise Ventus on the side of light, and that
is under the care of Eraxus, who thinks only light is the way.

Eraxus thought no more of our previous confrontation and rejoiced at
our reunion. He cheerfully took in Ventus for me. Now all I need do
is wait for Eraxus to raise Ventus with a strong heart.

It was a long time since I’d visited my ‘second home’, and Eraxus had
already raised two students. I sensed what was within one of them,
Terra.

With Terra’s kindness, he also seeks power. His attachment to power
will eventually lead his heart towards darkness.

My vessel is chosen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.12 Report 12

The time has come.

A message from Eraxus arrived, telling of the master examination to
be held.

Terra and Aqua.

Inviting them into the outside world will be an easy thing.
But the essential thing is how to get Ventus to…

Vanitas can sense Ventus’ heart.
According to Vanitas, the one who holds the key to Ventus is Terra.

When Ventus had just started training, after proudly being presented
with Terra’s old wooden sword, he began to see Terra like a real
older brother.

In other words, the one who could jolt Ventus’s heart into action
is Terra.

First, there is a need to isolate Terra. Then the feeling of uneasiness
must be passed onto Ventus. If that occurs, the weak light must face
the darkness and follow after the older brother.

Strong darkness makes light stronger, strong light makes darkness
stronger. With this, everything connects, and the legend shall return.



Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Quick References

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Complete Keyblade List
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Ice Cream Shop List
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Cheats and Tips
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Finish Commands List 
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Xehanort Reports Guide with English translation by Lisa Rye

No comments:

Post a Comment