Game Companies Should Do These to Fight Inflation
These are some of the methods that game publishers can use to combat the rampant inflation. These methods can typically lower the money supply in the game and create additional money sinks to drain money from the economy.
1. Decrease the money supply by limiting the amount of money generated through normal loots.
2. Better money sinks that are scalable to the amount of money available. (Potions and repair costs)
3. Tax system as a percentage of all goods traded.
4. Decrease natural HP/MP regeneration to encourage use of potions.
5. Increase weapon and armor durability decrease rate to encourage having multiple sets of equipments plus repairs.
6. Create systems to effectively pinpoint and ban bots or illegal programs.
7. Increase the drop rate of gears and Up the chances of Upgrade Breakage and Money Cost (Another form of money sink)
8. Create a system that player can trade cash shop items via in-game gold. With a ratio comparable to the current inflation.